Human Resources (05A)
400 Veterans Avenue
Biloxi, MS 39531
Applicants must submit the following:
1a. On-station (VA Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System Essay) employees must submit an Application for Promotion or Reassignment, VA Form 5-4078, to Human Resources (05), Bldg 53, Room 2A-108. You must indicate the lowest grade you are willing to accept or we will only consider you at the Full Performance Level of the position. Application material can be delivered in person, sent via inter-office mail, or submitted electronically via VA intranet (VHABILHRM in outlook). Application material, to include VA Form 5-4078, must be received in Human Resources by the closing date of the announcement.
Supplemental qualification form (i.e., VA Form 5-4676a) must be returned within 7 (seven) calendar days of the closing date of the announcement. No credit will be given for education unless substantiated by an official college transcript.
1b. Off-station applicants, to include on-station employees desiring consideration for a new appointment under non-competitive appointment authorities (e.
g., VRA), must submit a written or electronic application for employment. You may use the OF-612 form (Optional Application for Federal Employment), a resume, or alternative format. You must indicate the lowest grade you are willing to accept or we will only consider you at the Full Performance Level of the position. You should also complete an OF-306 (Declaration for Federal Employment). You MUST include all of the information specified in the vacancy announcement and all information listed in the Office of Personnel Management’s brochure “Applying for a Federal Job (OF-510)”.
Applications must be typed or printed clearly in dark ink. If application is submitted by mail, it must be postmarked by the closing date of the announcement and received within five (5) working days. If application is delivered in person (VA Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System, Human Resources (05A), Building 53, Room 2A-108, 400 Veterans Avenue, Biloxi, MS), it must be received by close of business (4:30pm) on the closing date of the announcement. If the application is submitted electronically, it must be received by the closing date of the announcement (i.e., by midnight Central Standard Time).
Current permanent VA employees may electronically submit application material via the VA intranet (VHABILJOBS in outlook).
NOTE: When submitting electronic application material, it MUST be in the body of the message. ATTACHMENTS TO EMAIL MESSAGES WILL NOT BE OPENED, NOR CONSIDERED. Submission of electronic application material WILL NOT BE a complete application package. Additional required forms must be submitted by mail (i.e.
, postmarked by the closing date and received within five (5) working days). Please carefully review the complete vacancy announcement for full ;How to Apply; instructions. Failure to provide the required information and/or material may result in your not being considered for employment. HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE WILL NOT SEND NOTIFICATION LETTERS TO APPLICANTS THAT HAVE SUBMITTED AN ELECTRONIC APPLICATION WITHOUT REQUIRED FOLLOW-UP INFORMATION AND/OR MATERIAL.
2. Applicants should submit a narrative statement on a separate page(s) with specific responses to the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs/Rating Factors) in this announcement.
Failure to submit your narrative response to the KSAs for this job may negatively affect your eligibility and/or rating for this position.
3. Off-station applicants should submit a copy of their three (3) most recent performance appraisals and Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) showing tenure group, promotion potential (if any), and position title, series, and grade. All status candidates and reinstatement eligibles (current and former government employees) must submit a copy of an SF 50 showing career career-conditional, or reinstatement eligibility.
4. If a degree or education is required or used for qualifying experience, official college transcripts must be submitted.
No credit will be given for education unless substantiated by official college transcripts.
5. If required, must provide a copy of current license, certification, or registration.
6. Veterans claiming 5-point veterans preference MUST submit a DD214 showing character of discharage (member copy #4). Veterans who are claiming 10-point preference MUST submit a DD214 (showing character of discharge), as well as an Application for Veterans Preference (SF-15) and a letter for ;civil service purposes; issued in 1991 or later by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Please do not submit your application package in a notebook or binder with extraneous information. Applicants should provide sufficient information .