Emperor Topsoil’s, among his other works, rebuilt and expanded the palace, adding a large fade on top of the seaward walls. The ruins suggest a balcony looking out to the sea was present, accessible through three marble-framed doorways, still visible today. Len the 1204 sacking of Constantinople during the Fourth Crusade, Bucolic was taken by Boniface of Montmartre who: “rode all along the shore to the palace of Bucolic, and when he arrived there it surrendered, on condition that the lives of all there in should be spared.
At Bucolic were found the larger number of the great ladies who had fled to the castle, for there were found the sister of the King of France, who had been empress, and the sister of the King of Hungary, who had also been empress, and other ladies very many. Among the prizes, then, was Princess Margaret, daughter of Bell Ill of Hungary, whom Boniface married. During the subsequent Latin Empire (1204-1261), the Bucolic continued to be used as an imperial residence.
After the recapture of the city by Michael VIII Apologists, however, the palace, along with the entire Great Palace complex, was gradually abandoned in favor of the Blackener Palace. When Meet II, the Ottoman emperor, entered the city in 1453, it was noted that the then-famous palace still stood, albeit in ruins. The ruins of the palace were partially destroyed in 1873 to make way for the railway line to Sicker. Widely Fortress in Greek ‘TahitiГ?python, Hypnotherapy meaning Fortress of the Seven Towers) is located in the Widely neighborhood of Faith, Istanbul, Turkey.
It was lilt in 1458 by adding three new towers to a section of the Walls of Constantinople which included the Golden Gate. Like all Triumphal Arches, this monument had a high entrance in the centre, and two smaller arcades, one on either side, that can still be seen. Naturally the large arcade in the middle was reserved for the emperor’s use. It is supposed that the monument was built in 380 by Theodosius after his victory over Maximum.
At present after the important restorations carried out by the Turks, Widely has the following appearance:from outside, that is in front of the alls and outside the city, looking from the road which passes directly in front, there is a cutting followed by a strip of land (second slope); built behind this by the Byzantines, on a low inclined wail, Witt two impressive marble columns, there is a gateway beneath an arcade resembling, with its cylindrical shapes and colored arches, a model castle for children. The name of this gate is Latin Okapi, the Golden Gate, or Urea Portal of the Byzantines. The reason for this name is not known. Perhaps on account of its inscriptions in gold, perhaps because it was the most dutiful gate of the city. Byzantine historians relate that there was a statue of Theodosius the Great at this gate, destroyed in the 8th century during an earthquake. A group of four bronze elephants and a cross were destroyed in the same way during the 9th century under Manuel II in another earthquake.