The study contains the brief overview of the system development life rhythm followed in Shriv Commedia Solutions Pvt Ltd. The undertaking includes the equal proficient inside informations about the different stages including the practical illustration of Bank direction system developed by SCMS for its client Corporate Bank. The methodological analysis followed by SCMS for scheduling the undertaking ( utilizing Gantt chart ) and the package used in helping the planning procedure are described in study. Assorted trials including the feasibleness trial conducted by system analyst and proficient trials conducted by developer are mentioned with the process followed during the proving procedure. The possible menaces which may ensue to the loss of information have been described in the study and the recommendations ( solutions ) to avoid such menaces are besides discussed.
In general, the study includes the process of the information system development in SCMS along with the practical description of the SDLC procedure, Gantt chart, proving procedure and the menaces for the information system ( with recommendations ) . Relevant illustrations are included wherever felt necessary to ease the reader for easy apprehension of the study.
Shriv Commedia Solutions Pvt ltd ( SCMS ) is a dedicated package based company which focuses in countries like Software development, Web designing, Multimedia services, Outsourcing, E-commerce, Technical authorship, Search engine optimisation and proving solutions, supplying the services to the clients runing from public to private sector.
Shriv Commedia Solutions Pvt Ltd has been runing under the package development atmosphere since 2001. It has its caput office located in India and the subdivisions in UK, Canada and US, all of them concentrating on finest, cost-efficient and timely solutions. With the chief pillars, mission, vision and values, SCMS has been quickly come oning in today ‘s competitory IT universe. It has been successful in supplying the advanced and perfect solutions to its clients with the client based attack.
From the list of systems developed by SCMS we have decided to discourse the Bank direction system developed for ‘corporate bank’ by SCMS. Corporate bank was established on 1906 and is one of the imperative clients of SCMS since 2004. The system developed by SCMS for Corporate bank is designed in the manner to accomplish the maximal security for the databases used to hive away the inside informations about all the banking minutess every bit good as the history inside informations of the costumiers. It is besides capable of entering the information of the bank employees. For illustration, Employee paysheet records, inside informations of employee and the attending of employee.
The system developed is able to work with all, cyberspace, intranet every bit good as extranet. It was besides optimized to work with different runing system and was capable to be upgraded along with the debut of the new engineering. Taking the same banking direction system developed by SCMS into consideration, each of the development methodological analysis is discussed farther in the undertaking.
Information System Model in Shriv ComMedia Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Information System Model states an simple conceptual lineation for the major constituents and activities of information system. In Shriv Commedia Solution Pvt. Ltd, information system depends on the resource of people, package, hardware, informations and webs to execute input, processing, end product and storage and control activities that converts information resource into information merchandises.
Information system Model of Shriv ComMedia Solutions Pvt. Ltd. illustrates that information system consists of 5 major Components:
1. Peoples RESOURCES: In SCMS people ( terminal users and IS specializers ) are necessary for the map of all information system.
2. SOFTWARE RESOURCES: it includes all sets of information processing instructions
3. HARDWARE RESOURCES: – It comprises of all the physical stuffs and devices used in information processing.
Machines: – All physical devices: Computers, peripherals and telecommunication webs.
Media: – all touchable objects in which information is recorded
Hardware resource in SCMS
4. DATA RESOURCE: – Datas are natural facts and figures typically approximately physical phenomena or concern dealing. Data constitutes a valuable organisational resource. SCMS procedure informations into information and form it for future usage. In SCMS data resource of information system are typically organized into
5. NETWORK RESOURCE: – It includes the agencies of communicating within the organisation or with the outside universe like cyberspace, intranet by which informations or information can be transferred between the different sections of the organisation. Telecommunication web like cyberspace, intranet and extranet have become indispensable for the organisations. Network resources includes
System Development Lifecycle by and large consists of the five stages including Planning, Analysis, design, execution and support. All the five stages are arranged together and used to construct the information system. Followings are some of the SDLC theoretical account used by SCMS depending on the package ‘s demand:
- Waterfall Model
- Prototype Model
- Iterative Model
- Coiling Model
- Agile package Development Model
- RAD Model
In Shriv Commedia Solutions ( SCMS ) they foremost take the user demands and make up one’s mind which type of theoretical accounts should be followed for the development of the system. The 2nd measure will be to form the activities by grouping them into larger classs called stages. In this manner the stages are formed into the cringle with support stage indicating to the planning stage whenever there is the necessity to alter in the information system. The alteration is determined by the users want of information in different format, release of new version, or due to the hardware going disused. When the alterations occur the planning stage begins once more and some portion of whole of the system is modified and the system development lifecycle starts once more.
When corporate Bank offered the undertaking of developing ‘Bank direction System’ to Shriv Commedia Solutions, Spiral Model was followed at that place in order to develop Bank Management System. They selected coiling Model since it provides early indicant of undefeatable hazards and users can be closely tied to all lifecycle stairss. SCMS arranges its system development procedure in following order.
1. Planing Phase: –
The client petitions are reviewed by the maneuvering commission ( determination doing organic structure ) which consists of 7-8 people in SCMS including frailty president, directors and non-managerial employees. During this stage:
- Undertaking thoughts are collected and reviewed
- Undertaking thoughts are prioritized
- Allocate resources
- Undertaking Development squad is formed
2. Analysis Phase: –
- Gather Customer demands: Following techniques are used by SCMS for roll uping the demands from the clients:
- Client Documents
- Rapid Prototypes
- Select and warrant a undertaking ( feasibility trial )
- Submit and O.K. the petition for proposal
- Get the undertaking squad in topographic point
- Fix the demands paperss
- Behavior undertaking kick-off meeting
- Develop Statement of Scope
- WBS Development:
- Conduct ‘work break down Structure’ meeting
- Build work break down Structure
- Update WBS in undertaking program
- Outline undertaking program
- Assign resources to project program undertakings
- Create entity relationship diagram ( ERD )
- Create Data Flow Diagram ( DFD )
- Define informations lexicon
- Perform object-oriented analysis
3. Design stage: –
- Acquire hardware and package needed for the undertaking
- Design informations theoretical account
- Write functional specifications
- Design paradigms
- Write detailed design specifications
- Write certification program
- Write beta trial program
- Write client support program
- Write preparation program
- Write hazard direction program
4. Execution stage: –
- Development AND Unit Testing of Module ( 1-n )
- Testing & A ; Integration
- Software Quality Assurance ( SQA )
- System trial
- Path defects
- Arrested development trial
- Manage Release and Change
- Configuration direction
- New full releases
- Care releases
- Installing and proving of new system
- Install beta trial system
- Conduct beta trials
- Path defects and study to client support
- Gather demands for customizations
- Implement package
- Execute client credence trial process
- Cutover development to production
- Develop preparation specification for terminal users, aid desk support staff
- Identify preparation bringing methodological analysis i.e. computing machine based, schoolroom
- Develop preparation stuffs
- Develop preparation bringing mechanism
5. Support: –
Shriv ComMedia Solutions Pvt. Ltd. Followed the same method discussed above for carry throughing the undertaking offered by the Corporate Bank
Following stairss are used in SCMS to make a Gantt chart: –
1. All activities or undertaking are listed in program
They find out the earliest possible day of the month of all the undertakings or activities of undertaking and gauge the length of clip it will take and look into whether it is parallel or consecutive. If the undertaking is consecutive they show the phases on which it depends.
They use the X axis of the graph paper for the day of the month, hebdomad or months required for the completion of the undertaking and Y axis to enumerate the undertakings in its order
2. Ploting the undertakings onto the program
They list the undertakings in Y axis on the left manus side of the page and to pull up a unsmooth first bill of exchange of the Gantt chart, they plot each undertaking on the program demoing it get downing on the earliest possible day of the month. They draw each undertaking as a horizontal saloon with the length of the saloon being the length of the clip the undertaking will take. Above each undertaking saloon they mark the estimated clip taken to finish the undertaking.
3. Schedule the undertakings
Now they redraw the Gantt chart on a fresh sheet to schedule actions and undertakings. They schedule these in such a manner that consecutive actions are carried out in the coveted sequence e.g. excavation holes so lay the foundation and so get down building. They besides guarantee that these dependent activities do non get down until the activities they depend on have been wholly completed
They try to schedule parallel undertaking so that they do non interfere the consecutive action on the critical way. While scheduling they make certain that they are doing the best usage of clip and resource available to them.
Once their Gantt chart is drawn one can see how long it will take to finish the undertaking.
Assessment procedure begins every bit shortly as the petitions are received in SCMS. They perform the assorted feasibleness ratings in order to cognize how suited the development of a system will be to the company. The feasibleness trial procedure conducted by SCMS for the undertaking petition of Corporate Bank consisted 3 stages:
The feasibleness trials performed by system analyst of SCMS were:
1. Operational Feasibility:
Operational feasibleness was based on the undermentioned parametric quantities:
- The effectivity of the proposed system in corporate bank.
- Impact of new system in bing system
- User penchants ( collected from interview )
- Requirements of the new system
2. Agenda feasibleness:
Following parametric quantities were responsible for agenda feasibleness
- The deadline of the undertaking ( either reasonable or non )
- Estimated clip for undertaking completion
3. Technical feasibleness:
Following things were considered during proficient feasibleness:
- Hardware and package required for undertaking
- Handiness of the people to present and back up the proposed system
4. Economic feasibleness:
In SCMS the economic feasibleness trial was conducted by system analyst with the aid of fiscal analyst. Following were the parametric quantities looked upon for economic feasibleness:
- Benefits of the proposed system to the corporate bank
- Cost-Benefit relation sing the system usage
After the feasibleness trial was conducted the system analyst submitted the feasibleness study to the maneuvering commission urging the farther survey ( elaborate analysis ) of the corporate bank. Feasibility study in instance of SCMS was a written papers submitted with the inside informations of the bing system, benefits of new system and recommendation.
The execution stage in SCMS consists of four major stages:
- Development of the plan
- Testing of the new system
- Train the users
- Convert to new system
SCMS by and large uses two methods for the development of the plan.
- Outsourcing the plan
- Developing the plan
SCMS sometimes outsource the package required for them but most of the times the development procedure is favoured. During the readying of the package for Corporate Bank following package and engineerings were used by SCMS.
The trials performed by SCMS for verifying the Bank direction system designed for Corporate Bank were:
1. Functional Testing:
The chief aim of the functional trial was to guarantee that each of the elements of the system meets the user demands. The demands were:
- Requirements placed by user ( corporate bank )
- Business Design Specification
- Year 2000 development criterion
Different stages of functional testing were:
a. Validation Test
It fundamentally checked the Windows GUI criterions, Valid, invalid and bound informations input, Screen and field expression and visual aspect, and Overall consistence with remainder of the units.
B. Specific functional trial ( UNIT TEST )
Low degree trials which were conducted to prove the single procedure and information flow.
2. System Trial:
This trial was performed to look into whether all the units of the application were working together to bring forth the end product and there is no spreads in the informations flow from one unit to other.
3. Integration Trial:
Integration trial was performed by linking the application with the different other application. The public presentation of the application with different other package was noted and the application was verified based on the consequences.
4. Performance Testing:
This trial was carried out to verify that the system provides the acceptable response clip ( should non transcend 4 seconds ) .
5. Arrested development Testing:
The chief aim of the arrested development trial was to detect the functionality and stableness of the package. It was automated with the aid of the machine-controlled testing tools. Test environment available in ocular studio and NUnit package was used to automatize the testing of the application designed for Corporate Bank.
Several formal reappraisals were carried before and during the trials and they were documented. The major formal reappraisal points were placed in different phases of proving as shown in the diagram:
When all the trials were performed by the developer and all the mistakes /bugs were fixed, the extra trials were performed to guarantee that system was working in incorporate mode. In this manner the application designed for the corporate bank was verified by the developer ‘s squad.
During the system development in SCMS there are assorted security that arises which may take to the information loss. Following are some of the security hazards and their solutions to forestall the information loss:
1. Waiter Downtime:
Server downtime may do the waiter to halt working so that the full computing machine bridged with the waiter will be unable to link with waiter. This may do the loss of the information when the information is being sent to server.
Before upgrading or migrating to a different physical waiter, make certain waiters pass all trials prior to full deployment, and trial and debug all applications prior to full deployment.
2. Disused application and tools:
Due to the defect in the application and tools the loss of the information may happen. Hardware clangs and Software failure may happen doing the information loss.
Make the careful stock list of the all applications and tools presently in usage, prior to system execution. Always use the sure Hardware trade names and package trade names to avoid the hardware/software failure. Benchmarking proving can turn out fruitful to look into the hardware or package.
3. Computer Virus, Worms and Trojans:
These are the malicious-logic plan which act without user cognition can change the computing machine ‘s operation and consequence to information loss.
Following steps can be adopted to forestall the computing machine viruses, worms and Dardans:
- Prevent get downing the computing machine with removable media in thrusts.
- Never open an e-mail fond regard from beginning other than trusted.
- Set the macro security degree to medium in the word processing or spreadsheet plans.
- Install the echt version of the operating system
- Install the good antivirus package ( updatable, dependable and efficient )
4. Denial of Service ( DoS ) onslaught:
A DoS onslaught is designed to overload the waiter. The culprits use the packages of codifications to direct 1000 of petitions to the waiter so that the valid user ca n’t link the waiter.
The best manner to forestall the DoS onslaught is non allowing the DoS manner onslaughts near the webserver. The tools like Apache ‘s mod_security or mod_dosevasive/mod_evasive can be used to drop the opprobrious IP reference at the firewall before they get anyplace near the webserver.
5. Back doors:
Back doors are the coder created algorithms which beltway security mechanisms and provides the entree to the plans so as to entree the plan for trouble-shooting or salvaging the development clip. But hackers and crackers use back doors to derive entree to plan and shoot the malicious codification to the plan doing the information loss.
- Scan for the Back doors with the aid of tools available in market. Eg: SpyHunter security tool
- Update the antispyware package
- For developer: Try avoiding the back doors during the design stage or extinguish the back doors before the bringing of the package to the client.
6. Hardware Failure:
Hardware failure can do the loss of information stored in difficult thrusts.
- Frequently backup the difficult thrusts
- Use Redundant Array of Independent Disks ( RAID ) to forestall hardware clangs
- Online Storage of the informations and information
After the research conducted on the System Development lifecycle of Shriv Commedia Solutions Pvt Ltd we came to reason that the company ( SCMS ) follows the general five stages of the information system development rhythm for the undertaking received. It follows all the five stages exhaustively and tends to run into the user demands by developing the perfect duplicate solutions for their concern.
We came to cognize that the system analyst has the major function in the development procedure as he/she Acts of the Apostless as the span between both users and developers. Analyst is the individual who conducts the feasibleness trials and decides the suitableness of the undertaking for company. The undertaking development squad dwelling of different degree of employees work on the undertaking, as scheduled on Gantt chart, designed by the undertaking leader. SCMS conducts the different trials during and after the designing of the application to do the application error-free before it is delivered to the client.
There are besides many security menaces for the application which may do the information loss. By the aid of the research we came to cognize the steps to extinguish the security hazards and protect the loss of information.
In general, after the research on SCMS and its system development methodological analysis in instance of Corporate Bank ( one of its client ) we had the elaborate cognition of the different stages of the information system development lifecycle and the possible menaces for the information loss.