An Era of Fashion Webster dictionary states that fashion is “The make or form of something. The prevailing style during a particular time. ” Personally, I believe fashion is not Just what you wear but a state of mind. I once read a quote by Coco Channel that read, “Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will “assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safer, the creatures of the commonplace the slaves of the ordinary. ” This to me said it all.
Fashion is about showing the true o and the statement that you want to make on that particular day, weather that statement is bold or casual in sweat pants and a white T. Fashion is not Just what we see everyday in magazines. Fashion is what you make it. During the pre ass’s through the early to mid-ass’s fashion trends such as the mini skirt, maxi skirt, mini dress, the halter neck cat dress, flared trousers, empire dresses, high waist banana sears, bell bottoms, army Jackets and Jumpsuits were all the rage.Order now
Two of the more well known people I believed to represent the ass’s well was, Affray Facet, who cocked the feathered hairstyle and ass’s style well for the ladies and Elvis Presley who was well known for always looking amazing in Jumpsuits showed the boys exactly how to make an outfit look good. In the photos I have chosen to use you will see my Grandparent’s, my Uncle, my mother and my father. My Grandparent’s and Uncle have always lived in Tucson, Az as for my mother for most of her life has lived in Tucson, except with a two year influence from her time spent in California.
As for my father he was born and raised in Nassau, Bahamas until his college years when he moved to Tucson. The pictures were not taken for a particular reason other than to remember the time my father went to the Pimp Air Show and the time my mother spent visiting Harbor Island. The trends in both hair style and garments are shown. For instance my mother in the black and white photograph shows Just how being “hip” in that time of age would have been represented, which was shown by the mini dress and having hair as big as you could get it to go. The types of clothing shown in my pictures are more on the casual side of everyday life in the U.
S. Back in the ass’s. Because fashion has always reflected its moment in history one could say that clothes mocked their environment. More designers were finally getting the chance to travel. This gave them a chance to see other nations. Viewing other nations meant new colors, textures, materials and ideas. There was now more to fashion than the same old boring prints. What is special about the ass’s clothing to me are the patterns and the colors. The ass’s was bold and therefore the colors and shapes of the garments were bigger than life. Personally, it seems to me that living in the ass’s meant that one could not be shy!
This era in time was such a big influence on the world and trends can still be seen in present day. For example, “That ass’s Show,” puts forth a great understanding of the prints, textures, and all around style of the ass’s. Another show that from time to time will represent the ass’s is “The Rachel Zoe Project. ” Rachel Zoe is a fashion stylist, who herself every so often will show high wasted pants, big earrings, big hair, patterns, and styles from the ass’s. All in all I believe that the seventies was an amazing and inspiring era.
- The people included in my photos are as followed: My nana, that, Uncle Gilbert, along with my mother and my father.
- The time period in the photos are as followed: 1981
- They lived in Tucson, AZ and the Nassau Bahamas
- The Time of year these pictures were taken were: Summer (all photos except grandparent’s), and winter.
- Where the photographs taken for a special event: (dad) Pimp Air Show, (mom) Visiting Harbor Island, otherwise the others were not for special events.
- The clothing was not related to a particular profession of the time period.
- The significant historical events happening at the time were: Ronald Reagan was Just elected President of the United States, The American hostages was held in Iran, Interest rates was at 14% (very high).
- The historical events are depicted in the clothing by
- What is special to me about the clothing are the patterns and the colors, very little black. The clothes do inspire me, the whole 60-70 era inspires me. Yes its fashion. Fashion is not one particular trend or look. Fashion includes person style and the emotion behind the person, It’s a statement.
- The style is Mod and personal.
- That ass’s Show I believe uses this era as inspiration along with “The Rachel Zoe Project. “