Graphics is one of the types of fine art.
Emergence and Development
Graphic art is the oldest of all fine arts. The first images appeared at the earliest stages of the development of human society (in the Neolithic and Bronze Age). Even before the ancient man turned to experiments in sculpture and painting, he created the first drawings that initiated the adeptness of graphics. For a long time, graphic images almost did not have independent meaning and were an ornament of certain objects. With the advent of writing, it has become increasingly used in handwritten books, parchments, charters for decorating and clarifying the text.
It is enough to look, for example, on the ancient Slavic manuscripts, in order to understand that real artists worked on them. The art of manuscript, or calligraphy, has become particularly popular and developed in China. People for a long time did not know the methods of reproduction of images, and all the works were created in a single copy.
· The distinctive features of the adeptness of graphics are reduced to the following.
· This is a kind of visual art, the basis of which is drawing;
· The main means are the line, the spot, and the lighting;
· The use of color is more restricted and conditional than in painting;
· The pictorial language is distinguished by its stinginess, laconism in the use of artistic means;
· The main material on which works are executed and reproduced is paper;
· A significant part of graphic adeptness is closely connected with the press, and the reproduction of works;
· The creation of works in this technique requires a relatively shorter time than in other fine arts;
The most important qualities of this direction of the art are the mass character, the speed of reaction to the demands put forth by life. Efficiency and plurality, clarity and expressiveness of the language make it combat, widely democratic and the most massive type of fine art. Due to this reason, it was and remains a powerful weapon of ideological struggle.
Modern art is divided into four main groups:
· and applied one.