2012 DEC GRANT RECIPIENTS
The CCCA is Proud to Announce the 2012 DEC Grant Recipients!
The Community Arts Grants Decentralization Program is funded by the New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA).This program provides support for local not-for-profit organizations and artists sponsored by these agencies. These funds are intended to reward programs and services with strong public components that directly benefit our local residents.
2012 Grant Recipients
Columbia County received requests totaling $62,116 – more than twice the amount of available funding. Twenty-one organizations received $27,100 for DEC Project Support, which includes organizations that act as a conduit (fiscal manager) for individually initiated projects. They are:
- Claverack Library for graphic novel workshop for teens with Barbara Slate
- COARC for dance training with Debra Hughes for disabled adults & public performance
- Columbia Arts Team for teen songwriter workshop & showcase
- Hudson Area Library for Black History Celebration & Celebration of the Arts
- Hudson Area Library & Diata Diata International Folkloric Theatre for production of “Revival of the Fittest 2: International” an original dance & theatrical production
- Hudson Chamber Opera for performance series & master class
- Hudson Jazzworks for master class, pre-concert talk & improvisational jazz concert at Hudson Opera House
- HRC/Showcase Theatre for staged readings of original plays
- Hudson Valley Choral Society for musicians for 2012 concerts
- North Chatham Library for literature & arts series
- North Chatham Library & Sheri Bauer-Mayorga for Cross River Youth Corale vocal ensemble
- Philmont Beautification, Inc for “Connecting the Dots” exhibit, artist workshops & signage
- Philmont Library for evenings of outdoor music
- PS21, Inc. for dance residency, workshops & performance “Dances for a Variable Population”
- Kinderhook Church for classical choral & organ concerts
- Roeliff Jansen Community Library & Robin Becker of Columbia Chamber Players for Indian, fusion & classical concerts
- Roving Actors Repertory Ensemble for production of “Next to Normal” “Chicago”
- Taconic Stage Company & Sharon Powers for ensemble concerts at the Church of St John in the Wilderness in Copake Falls
- Uel Wade Music Scholarship, Inc & Bend the Knotted Oak for chamber music concerts with art & dialogue
- Valatie Community Theatre for Youth Theater productions
- Valatie Free Library for graphic novel workshops for teens
The intent of these awards is to foster quality, highly accessible cultural programs in our local communities. Please show these organizations & individuals that you appreciate their efforts by attending, volunteering and applauding their terrific assortment of 2012 offerings!
Join/Renew Your CCCA Membership Today...
Help Keep the Arts Alive and Growing in Columbia County